Saturday, February 23, 2008

My First Post

ok, ok.... I know it is not a very original title, but gets the point across. I've read a few blogs, and finally decided to create one of my own.



First - who am I? I'm a former IT person, who took early retirement, moved from Phoenix to northern Arizona, and now work with my husband in a business we run out of our home. I'm a mother of two wonderful young men who are basically out on their own (the youngest is away at college, and we still support him even tho he is seldom "home".) :-)



My interests? QUILTING! and reading, and I am learning to garden. Recently I have taken an interest in making soup, even tho I'm not much of a cook.



I have taken a quilting class at my local Quilt Shop, and have joined a block of the month at a Quilt Shop in Flagstaff. I also am working with several people at our church, making charity quilts that go to several different organizations. And, having lived in Phoenix all my life, I'm learning how to live in snow country. At this point I still love the snow, and even like shoveling the drive way. (I can see where that will get old in the not so distant future!!)

I'm enjoying the snow and thinking about what I'm going to plant in my gardens. Most of them will be natural, with native plants and flowers, but the garden bed by the front door will be flowers. I'm working with the local deer and bunnies - not minding if they eat SOME of my plants, as long as they leave some for me to enjoy.



So that is the basics, and I'll post more as I learn to use blogger.



Please let me know if you are a quilter, or have gardening tips for Northern Arizona.



Thanks for stopping by

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Welcome, Vicki! I found your blog through your comment at Yvonne's blog.