Saturday, June 28, 2008

Thank you all for your prayers!

Mom is doing better. Her pain is a little less, and she is beginning to walk farther each day (those physical therapy people really get you going). She is still in the hospital, now in a private room. She lives by herself, and wants to make sure she can get in and out of bed, and to the bathroom by herself before she goes home.


Camp is going well, but still really busy. Having a helper in the office has made all the difference in the world. I actually get a little free time in the evenings! This week I managed to get my BOM done, and went to the class today. This next block has 54 pieces! ugh, what a lot of fussy cutting! Also, tonight, I finished my Flag Quilt. I finished the sleeve to hang it, and have the quilt label attached. I will be sending a note to my stashbuster group that I have this finish on a UFO that has been around for about 2 years.

Tomorrow, the camp is going to go see the Grand Canyon. I will stay at camp, as I have 3 new staff members that should arrive in the afternoon, and I need to check them in. Also, It will give me sewing time. (yep, ulterior motive!!) Anyway, I hope to hang my flag quilt in the camp office tomorrow, and will take a picture of it to share with you all.

Also, my oldest son should have closed on his house. I saw it a couple months ago, and it looked like new. I think he might have started moving in today. Wish I could have helped him, but I know he can do it himself.

Take care each of you, and thank you for the prayers for my mom!!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

So wonderful to know your mom is doing better. Sewing versus the Grand Canyon...thats a pretty hard choice but have fun with the new staff and the new block (what a challenge) but with your beautiful work it will be a snap.

Brenda