Monday, September 15, 2008

Please Help with my Quilt Block!

Before we get to my help request with my block, I want to show you the two great postcards I received last week. The top card is from Holly, and is so bright and cheerful! The second card is from Brenda and yes, that is all hand work on the pink fabric! Thank you so much ladies - they are wonderful!



I really want your opinion on the quilt block below. I haven't looked for the original fabric to bind the quilt square, but did take the square with me when I went to the quilt shop. If I have to go with new fabric, I picked out the red below. It matches pretty good with the flower color in the print. But here is my thoughts/question... The block was entirely hand pieced and quilted (the only thing I've ever done that way), so I'm planning on doing the finishing by hand. I'm leaning toward making a wall hanging instead of a pillow (dog will lay on the pillow!!) So, What do you think of the red? Would you like to see another color as the binding? Should I really try to find the original fabrics in my stash? (don't know if I have any). Should I look for a blue instead of the red? I know blues are hard to match, but maybe I can find one. Do you have any other ideas? The owner of the quilt shop thought I could frame it in a frame, with a fabric mat around it. I'm thinking of that, but not leaning that way. I need to hear your ideas!! Any and all, crazy or not. I really appreciate it.





4 comments:

Jeff said...

Jenny would really appreciate a new pillow....

Anonymous said...

i like the red binding - it brings the red pattern pieces to life.

Carol in Sweden said...

I like the red binding...and frame it to honor the hand sewing!

I have a hand sewn block from an old old quilt of my family's the quilt was falling apart so my aunt saved several blocks for all the cousins...framed. I love it!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful block. I think the red is a great choice. I also like to use a dark brown for binding. It mimics a picture frame.