Saturday, February 21, 2009

Post cards Received and Sending

First I just have to show you this February post card from my "Posty Pal" Holly! I just love her free motion hearts over the surface of the card! Thanks Holly! You brightened my day!


And as usual, I'm finally getting my post cards out. They will go into the mail on Monday, as we don't have Saturday service at our little Post Office. While they all look sort of the same, I tried 3 different methods to make them. Then I just decided to mix and match and put all the various pieces together into the hearts. This was not the look I was trying to get when I started, but I'm happy with my "cave man" look hearts. Lets see if I can get March Post Cards out any sooner than the last week of the month!!!



So, with DH out on his hunting trip, I have one more day and a half with time to do what I want. I've been doing a lot of "what I should" instead of "what I want". Isn't that always the way with wives and mothers? But can't complain. My choices. Now I need to make another choice. What to sew next. I really need to finish my three grand nieces' and nephew's quilts. They have probably forgotten that I'm even making them. The three are in various stages. And I want to mail the three at the same time. I also need to sew my BOM before the 28th. So, I have a lot to do.

Hmmm, it is 50 degrees outside, and the snow is gone from my flower garden (until the next storm). Maybe I'll go put the tulip bulbs in the ground now. (These are 3 bulbs in a little pot I bought a month ago, to enjoy the flowers in the house.) Wonder if the change in temperature will kill them, or will they flower again this spring? I think I'll find out!

Hugs

UPDATE:

HAH, The ground is as hard as a rock, I couldn't get my trowel even 1/4 inch into the ground. Hmm, live and learn! And I noticed the crocus bulbs that didn't do much last year but die, Several are sending up little sprouts. How can they do that in such hard ground??? LOL

3 comments:

Marie said...

Hey there, love your post cards your doing a fine job. I am having trouble finding the time to do much of anything. I hope to get my March one done and I had to skip my Feb. ones. Hope you get to enjoy all the time hubby is gone with more quilting!!. Hugs, Marie

Unknown said...

Your postcards are very nice! How fun that you have time to play! :)

West Michigan Quilter said...

Thank you! Your fabrics arrived today and they are beautiful. I especially like the one with the birds. Cardinals are my favorite. I'm posting a pitcure on my blog today so everyone can see what a nice prize I won. Thank again. Caroll