Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's about time!


I know I've been missing in action. I will try to catch you all up in the next few days with what has happened in my life, and my quilting.

Currently it is snowing here again. I heard that Flagstaff may get as much as 8 inches out of this storm, and we kind of follow along with Flagstaff. Here are a couple pictures from our big January snow (which is finally starting to melt off, but the center of the front yard still have 2 feet of snow!)


Look at the drift behind me! Yes, it was over 3 feet high, and is still about 3 feet.


During storms, my husband keeps a ladder below the TV dish, so when the snow builds up so heavy we loose TV signal, he can get up to brush off the snow. I thought the snow on the rungs was pretty funny.


This was not so funny. The roof of the ONLY general fabric store in Flagstaff (JoAnne's) collapsed under the weight of the snow. What a mess, and this picture was taken several weeks later!


And I am doing some quilting yet. Above is the Feb Block of the Month from Odegaards. Below are some Christmas things I made.


Above is the wall hanging I made for my sister-in-law. Sorry it is not a good picture for color. Below are 2 of the 3 table runners I made. The third runner looks like the bottom runner, but the first border was the green of the trees, instead of the brown of the runner shown.


I also managed to make 2 sets of placemats (6 each set), which I might not have a picture of!! They were oblong log cabins, half red scrappy, the other half white scrappy. In the red and white corners (not the 1/2 and 1/2 corners) I appliqued three holly leaves and 3 berries each. The appliques were buttonhole stitched with black thread. I have another set to finish for myself. I just ran out of time before Christmas.

I promise to post before another 6 months go by.

No comments: