Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Little Prints and Snow Amounts

First, I want to share with you the little finger prints I just wiped off my wall. You could only see them when the light was right, and they are hard to see in the pictures I took. The only thing I can think of is that they are from my niece's little son or daughter. Now I have to confess that the print must have been on my wall since Christmas 2008, a little more than a year. Every time I've looked at this and thought about wiping it off, it reminded me of all the little finger prints I use to clean up when my sons were younger. So I would leave it there for "just a little longer". Today I finally wiped it off the wall, and it came off with just a quick wipe of a damp cloth. But I still have the pictures! (Years ago, who would have thought that I'd want to save little finger prints!! Not me!!)


And on a totally different topic, I just read this in the newspaper: Flagstaff has had more snow this winter than most other US cities. OK, Valdez Alaska has more at 230.9 inches for the winter. But here are some other comparisons (in inches through Feb 22).

Flagstaff 118
Syracuse NY 86
Baltimore 80
Fort Collins, CO 68
Buffalo NY 67.5
Des Moines, Iowa 62.3
Anchorage 44.4
Minneapolis 40.6
Portland Maine 35.4
Salt Lake City 25

This is only the third winter in the past 11 years that we have topped the 30 year average for snow. The normal at this date is 72 inches. And March is typically our most snow-filled month. And we have already broken one record. Measured at the airport, we have had 78 consecutive days with over 6 inches of snow on the ground. (at least half of the lot they measure at the airport has to have over 6 inches to count). And our sky is very overcast today. Hmmmm...

No comments: