Monday, July 21, 2008

Post Card, Baby Quilt, and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

HOME! It is a nice place to be. Sure needs some attention by the housekeeper tho. Guess I need to do a little of that in the next few days.

When we got home, I had a quilted post card in the mail. It is the first I've ever received, and I'm very excited about it. My picture has washed out the colors some - it is a very striking card. It was sent by my good friend Brenda! Thank you so much Brenda.

I also want to show you some baby quilt tops that I made at camp. They were really simple, a yard of each fabric, layered on top of each other, cut into a nine patch, and then sewn back together with each other.


I got the pink and the yellow fabric for 80% off, and found the green to match. The colors were just calling out to me. You can see the pattern of each fabric in the pic below. Should make quick baby gifts when I need one!







My eldest son Jeff is getting serious about bicycle riding. He plans to ride in the El Tour de Tucson, and is fundraising for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Check my side bar for a link to his web page. If you want to support Jeff, or one of your fav's is the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, you might want to consider a donation.
I guess it is time to go to bed. I have lots to do tomorrow. Take Care, and have fun sewing something!!

No comments: