Thursday, July 3, 2008

Sharing where I've been working...

I thought you might like to see where I've been working for the past month. This is the building that houses the camp office (door in the center front, on the porch). On the right side of the building you can sort of make out the first aid red cross in the red circle. The door for first aid is on the right side of the building. The window you see on the left side is the Nurse's room. Behind that room (On the back of the building) is the room we stayed in last year, but decided this year we needed to stay in the trailer park to be able to "get away from it all" LOL The stairs to the porch is on the right side of the porch, under the first aid sign. You can also see the white board hanging from the porch that lists the Troops that have mail. You can also just make out the hummingbird feeder hanging from the roof of the porch. It is fun to watch the hummingbirds fight over the feeder. We have two types of humming birds - Rufus (an orangy-gold colored, and mean) and the other is a broadtail. The broadtail is green and has a red throat. OH, I almost forgot. You can also see the typical ground cover here at camp. What's that? You don't see any? Sure you do, it is DUST. It is very dusty right now, and we are waiting for the afternoon rains to start. It really helps with the dust, but then we have mud. Hmm, can't win, I guess. LOL.


The next picture is of the inside of our office. the door to the left goes to the nurses area, and further left is the kitchen area. You can see Dorothy who works with me. She is on the phone in this picture, talking to one of the Scoutmasters that is coming next week. Our bulliten board looks messy, but we can find everything we need on it, and my flag quilt is hanging up above the bulliten board. Our counter to serve the scouts and scoutmasters in at the bottom of the picture. It is a little higher than a normal counter, and is made of a beautiful wood. I have no idea how old it is. The cash register is on the counter to the right of the picture, and a gate with a sign that reads "office staff only" is on the left, between the counter and the wall behind me as I took the picture. Oh, and my beta fish is in the tall vase on the far desk to the right of the picture.


So now you see where I spend my days. It's not very exciting, and the carpet on the floor should have been replaced a few years ago. But we make it work, and serve our customers with smiles as they come into the office. It is time for bed, so I'll say good night for now. Have a great evening, and have a great 4th of July weekend!


1 comment:

Brenda said...

Personally, I prefer the dust (easier to clean up) to the mud. But not much fun either way growing up in Wyoming Iknow exactly what you are talking about. How long does the camp stay up and running? Do you get to help the boys with projects and activities? Keep on having fun!

Brenda