Saturday, July 19, 2008

Today was the last full day of camp!

I can't believe the time has flown by so quickly! We had our closing campfire tonight, and tomorrow we have the staff dinner, and we are done. Of course, it will probably take my husband and myself another day to get all the last stuff done. But almost all the staff will depart tomorrow after dinner.


I had hoped to do more sewing this summer, but I mostly embroidered names on bags for the directors. I think I did all but 2 of them. And I made this purse - The pattern is called Jester Satchel, and is created and designed by Elizabeth Starr. It is a very easy pattern, (no pockets in side - both a plus and a minus). Do the beads and tassel look familiar to you?? They should. I needed SOMETHING to trim out the bag, and as I rummaged in the small amount of stash that I brought with me, I ran into the end of the trim that I used on the flag quilt I finished recently. I was shocked when the tassel and beads went so well with the fabrics. I'm pretty pleased with the results.


Tomorrow I will give the bag to the young lady who gave me the friendship bracelet. I never managed to make her a bracelet, so I hope she will like the purse. Here is a photo of the purse...
take care, and do some fun sewing! Now that camp is almost over, I hope to do more sewing, and blog more often.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I know you have enjoyed camp so glad you shared with us. I love the bag, the tassels do work wonderfully with it.