Saturday, June 21, 2008

My cell phone rang this morning...

I didn't get to the phone in time to answer it, and as my DH and I were in trying to finish up a big job, I was going to ignore the call. I looked at the caller id, and it was my sister. OK I thought, I could call her back later. As I turned, I got a very funny feeling... And I listened to the message instead of going back to work. My mom had fallen, and her hip hurt ALOT. She managed to get into the house, and sat down in her chair, but then her hip hurt worse, and she called my sister Peggy, who lives down the street from her. By the time Peggy got there from work, Mom wanted to change clothes before going to the hospital. Then my sister made the decision to call the ambulance. Well, the quick answer is that my Mom has fractured her hip. It is just a hairline fracture, which is good, as she will be able to walk with a walker fairly soon (so I understand). It will be painful, but she will not have to stay in bed. I'm so relieved it is not worse.

So please keep my mom in your prayers for a quick recovery, and that the pain is not too intense as she goes through the healing process. Thanks so much!

3 comments:

Jeff said...

you know, when something like this happens a call would be nice... finding out from your blog sucks

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your mom will keep you all in my prayers. All is fine here and Bert is doing well.

Sweet P said...

Ouch! Prayers are coming for your mom.