Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I'm Baaaaaack!!!

I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since I have posted on my blog. I'm sure everyone has just about given up on seeing anything new here. If you've made it back, thank you. So why have I been gone so long?? Just over busy and over stressed. No, no major issues or dilemmas in my life, I just have over committed myself. All are things that I want to do, just not enough time in the day.

So, Christmas - I had grand plans to make a whole bunch of things for Christmas, and I got about 1/3 of them done. Of course, I couldn't talk about them here before Christmas, and that is mostly what was on my mind. One of the coolest things I made was a portfolio for my sister-in-law. Of course I forgot to take any pictures!! Maybe she'll take a picture and send it to me so I can post it. I appliqued an oak leaf on the front, and embroidered her initials. On the inside was a tablet on the right, and on the left, a zipper pocket, 4 card pockets, and a large pocket at the top. Oh, it also has full size pockets from the center, under each side. And a loop for a pen. I was pretty please with how it turned out.

I made a woven-looking scarf for my sister, and dyed and pleated a silk scarf for my mother. And then for my niece's kids I started three kid sized quilts. These I did not get done, tho I did my best. I'm trying to get them finished in the next few weeks, and then I will mail them off. Pictures will be coming. I have a supply of silk scarves to make more scarfs, and some other great pattern that I'd like to do. Maybe I need to start now for next year??? LOL

For Christmas I added pine garland on top of all my kitchen cabinets, and added red bows, and pine cones for decoration. Of course I picked up pine cones from under the trees around the house. Most were really a nice large size. The down side to using pine cones from the outside is that about a week after bringing them in the house, I had a small infestation of little flying bugs!!! We don't spray for bugs, because my husband is sensitive to the spray, so I go on "hunting" session with a paper towel or Kleenex, and mush all of these that I can find. I still have them, but I hope to "do away" with all of them soon. (I hate bugs in my house!!) And why all the extra decorating? On New Year's day, we had "Family Christmas". 11 Adults, 3 kids, and 4 dogs kept things lively. We had a great time, even if it was noisy! :-)

And add to this that I'm now a Cub Scout Den Leader, and planning weekly den meetings, well, it keeps me busy.

I hope every one had a wonderful and safe New Year's eve/day, and that 2009 will be a great year for everyone.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Wow, you were very busy! Yes I had a great Christmas watching my little grandbaby spit up....LOL...they are truly something to watch. I was in a slump there for awhile but, I back, as you say. Take care and happy sewing!