Saturday, October 25, 2008

Last Update of the Night.

OK, on Heather's quilt, I finished quilting the "inside", and played with the feather design for the setting triangles. I decided to make them look half decent, I needed to mark them, and therefore need a template. I drew on some template material, and it looks pretty good, so I'm going with that design. But... How do you cut out the design? I think they make a tool to do it, but I don't have any such tool. I've never made a template for a quilting pattern before. So I'm stuck on making any further progress tonight on the quilting.

At this point, I decided it was time to sew together the next BOM from Odegaards. Yes, I joined again for this next year. And the first block is due tomorrow. So yes, I sewed it up tonight. (I had cut the pieces out last night). And I finally figured out what bothered me about the block. the colors are yellow, red and GREEN. No Blue!! Now those of you who know me, know I'm definitely a blue person. And I like yellow and orange and brown. But, GREEN! Now I will confess that green is starting to grow on me a little, but I'm sure that is what is bothering me about the block. I considered for a minute finding some blue fabrics to replace the greens in all the blocks, but I have convinced myself that I need this experience of working outside my normal colors. It will be good for me.

I've got my stuff ready for the meeting tomorrow morning, and I'm taking Heather's quilt for show and tell - I plan on mailing it to Heather before the next time we have a meeting so it is show and tell tomorrow or not at all.

The other thing I attempted to do tonight was install a pull out basket under my sink counter in the kitchen. It is a two tiered thing, with the top tier only half as wide to go around the plumbing stuff. Well I did pretty good, but my DH took the tools with him this weekend, so I don't have a suitable phillips screwdriver to use. So it is half installed, and I will have to either get another large phillips screwdriver, or wait till he brings the tools back. grrrrr!

Well I need to get to bed. It is almost 1:30, and I will need to be up by 8am and hustle to get to class in the morning. Hope you all have a great day tomorrow. (I'll post a pic of the new block tomorrow)

No comments: