Friday, October 24, 2008

Update on Progress

OK, The last post was at 3. It took probably 10 minutes to get down to business, and start quilting. I got about 1/2 of the "inside" done, and ran out of bobbin thread. While winding a new bobbin, I realized that I want to quilt the set in triangles in a color to match the fabric (blue). This was about 4:45, so I probably sewed for an hour and a half. Trip to the store, and found not only thread, but allowed myself to buy fabric for a Christmas gift. (even tho I didn't have the exact yardage needed, I guessed, and just bought a little extra. Great job if I do say so myself!!)

When I got home, I decided before getting back to work, I should eat dinner. That has been accomplished, and now making my promised post, and going back to work. Oh, and I didn't tell you that DH is off hunting this weekend, so I intend this weekend to be time for me to accomplish stuff that I want to do. Which is sewing and quilting, and hopefully some gifts along the way. I guess I'm having a sewing retreat all by myself. LOL I promise another post before I go to bed.

OK, back to work

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I have missed reading your blog so much, thrilled that you posted today! Sounds like you have just been so swamped by everything lately, hope you enjoyed all the visits and time! I am not a perfectionist quilter, so I really do not know what to say to ease your worrying. Except that all the time and work you put into your quilts has got to say the biggest perfection of all because they are absolutely out of this world gorgeous! Have a great time sewing this weekend! I will check back tomorrow morning to see how you are coming along.