Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hummingbird Convention

As everyone knows, the hummingbird feeders need to be filled occasionally. After cleaning and filling the feeder, you take it outside and hang it up...


Then you get a chair, your camera, and get ready for a Hummingbird Convention! Here are the first arrivals



Then a couple more guests arrive...


Then a few more.... But wait, we aren't done yet....


I count 11 hummingbirds in this picture. (look at the bottom of the feeder, just to the right of center, and you can see the tip of a tail. That makes 11!



Now just a moment of peace. Two are even sharing!



I hope you enjoyed my hummingbird convention! I can hear them discussing who's turn it is all day long.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved the pictures - they all looked so hungry!! CMc

Rhonda said...

Well how did you manage it? Your hummers are so friendly toward one another. My little guys are very aggressive and possessive with it comes to that feeder. I've had to seperate the feeders around the yard to kind of keep the peace....LOL

dacraftylady said...

wow, what great shots.. :) I never seem to get them to my feeder? How do you do it?

I wanted to invite you to join the handmade post card swap at
http://www.flickr.com/groups/853512@N24/

Since our other one seems to have died out I thought I would try and revive it...hope to see you there. DaCraftyLady

Holly said...

Oh wow. how fabulous. i have never seen so many at one time. thanks for sharing these pictures.