Thursday, April 29, 2010

Look what I started!!

Hubby and I went to the local hardware store. He needed some wood/screws/putty etc, and I decided to shop. Well, I purchased a new bird feeder, but put the shepard's hook off to next week, because the clerk told me it would be half price.
:-)

Then I found a finch sock. I've never seen one of these before, but it contains a lot of niger seeds which I new my mom had in feeders for finches. This sock also contains red millet and sunflower chips. It is a little mesh bag, with very tiny holes, filled with seed.

I put the sock up on the string I had for a humming bird feeder, turned around, and had some type of little bird. I'm not kidding, in less than a minutes, the little sock looked like this:

OH, you want to know why the background of my pictures is so fuzzy?? Well yesterday I showed you tulips and daffodils. Today we have snow. Twice now it has covered the yard, then melted off. And it is in the process of covering the yard for the third time. It is true here - if you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes. About an hour ago (after the first two occurrences of snow covering the ground today), it was blue sky and sunshine. Now it is grey and snowing. It looks like winter, not spring.

No comments: