Monday, April 21, 2008

The "new quilt" and a peek at the BOM Blocks

I had hoped to work on the new quilt yesterday or today, and really didn't get much done. The top is still on the design wall, waiting to be layered. But I did get the cotton batting washed and dried. Well soaked and dried really. I wanted to pre-shrink the batting, as I have washed all the fabrics for the quilt. This is the first time I've ever prewashed/shrunk cotton batting, and it worked very well. The batting is very soft.

Also, this coming Saturday is the last Saturday of the month. That means my BOM is due, and I haven't even cut the pieces yet. I guess it is not really important, as I can't go to the meeting, I have camp training in Phoenix that morning. (bummer!!) But I don't want to get behind, so I will get the block done this week. But I thought I'd share a pic of the 6 blocks that are already done.

I really like the fabrics in this line, and I think the blocks are very interesting. This month's block is also one with a lot of pieces. I can't wait until I can see it with the rest of these.

Well, I think I will go piece the back for the "new quilt", and maybe I can layer it tomorrow?? LOL

Vicki

1 comment:

Brenda said...

The fabrics and designs work really well together; they will look wonderful in the quilt. I have to give you a little bit of a bad time: your suggestion to start a blog was fabulous. There is just one problem, they are addicting. I enjoy writing in mine and checking out everyone else that catches my eye. Do you have this problem? hee, hee, hee.
Have a great day quilting.
Brenda