Friday, March 5, 2010

aaaahhhh, that's better!

I have spent the last 2 hours sorting out 2 inch batik strips into 4 groups of 5 strips each, and have all four groups sewn into "strip sets". Tomorrow I will press them, and move onto the next step. The colors in these strips are purple, rust, orange, and green. I know, it sounds weird, but I think it is going to be very pretty when done. I haven't decided if this will be a table runner, or a table topper, or a wall hanging.

Also, several year ago, I started doing Bonnie Hunter's "Leaders and Enders". Then, truth be told, I ran low on light fabrics, and instead of doing leader and enders, just used the same small piece of fabric to start and end any of my piecing seams. So as I started sewing my strip sets together, I finally got smart, searched my stash and found some muslin that was big enough for me to make squares. So in the process of making these 4 strip sets, I also made 13 two-patches (one light 2" square sewn to one dark 2" square). Check out Bonnie Hunter's site. You too might want to make Leaders and Enders.

Have a great day!

No comments: