Monday, May 3, 2010

Current quilt - Horse picture...

I want to share one of the current quilts I'm working on. It is a gift for a "secret sister" who loves horses and rides a black horse. I've never seen this horse, but I'm hoping this will look a little bit like the horse she rides.

As you might be able to tell, I have the water reflection and the head bonded to the background. I have the legs just laid out of the fabric. Trying to decide if I like the black and white figured fabric that is in the legs. I had this fabric for the main layer of the head, but the details did not show on it. So not sure what I want to do, but I need to decide soon. I have one week before I need to give this to her. Yep, cutting it close again!!

Any horse people out there? should his hoofs be grey (the pattern has grey hoofs for a tan horse) or should they be black?

Thanks for the thoughts.

1 comment:

cousin patti said...

OMGosh Vicki - its beautiful! WOW i wish i had ur skills
Black horse - dark hooves - unless he has a white sock/s. Does ur secret sister have a pic u can look at? Maybe just dark grey hooves then....... Sorry im not much help! Feet r in the water and hooves dont show!! :-) there ya go!!