Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I Promised you a Picture...

So first thing to do is show you my new earrings. So here they are:

They were a lot harder to take pictures of than I thought, but you can get the idea. And you can tell I like dangly earrings.

Back to quilting...

I've decided on the project I want to finish. It is my jacket made from a sweatshirt. I have the two arms done, and had started working on the back. I dragged the shirt and all of the fabrics out of my stash last night. I think I will tease you, and show you one of the arms. Each arm is a little different, but I used the same fabrics. What does not show up very well in the photo is that each gold flower in the floral print on the bottom has a gold bead sewn to it's center.



I plan for the back and each side of the front to be different also. (Think fabric folding, some fabric weaving, decorative fibers sewn into "fabric"). I know - I'm risking making the jacket way over the top, but I will try to refrain myself. I really enjoy the creative process in making this jacket. I'm going to go work on the back and one of the sides as soon as I finish this post.





One other piece of news that is important. Later this month will be one year of living in our new home and "new town". I'm thinking I need to celebrate that some how. I'll have to figure out how I can celebrate our 1 year anniversary. Ideas anyone?

Thanks for stopping by, I will talk to you tomorrow. I'm going to go sew.

No comments: