Saturday, March 15, 2008

Today was a camp day!

I don't think I've mentioned yet that last summer was the first summer I was able to join my DH at summer camp. He has been on staff since 2001 in various positions. Last year they asked him to be the camp director, and I was finally able to join him. I served as the office staff. Well, this summer we are doing it again, with a few changes. First I will not be the entire office staff, I will have a wonderful lady joining me. Plus this year I will know what the job is (last year was "on the job training") LOL

Today we held interviews for prospective staff. Found some wonderful young men that we will love to have at camp. oh, When is this? you ask... for 7 weeks in June and July. After the interviews, the Directors had lunch together, and then visited camp, and then had pie together. This activity took all day, so no chance to do any sewing. Tomorrow is paperwork for taxes (UGH!!) so I don't know how much time I will have for sewing tomorrow.

So someone please... do some sewing for me, OK?
Thanks so much.
Vicki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vicki,

What type of camp are you and your husband doing? Camps are always a lot of fun. I will do some sewing for you. We are expecting rain for the next week. My dog, Dodger, is sulking because of it. My cat Chicca is sleeping soundly in the closet and hubby is off at work. Next week, my parents are taking a trip to Washington for a week to spend with the 4 grandkids. So we will have another member in our household, their dog Frankie. Good thing I love animals. But will be hectic and fun around here anyway. Frankie and Dodger play well and Chicca teases them. Of course, they all want attention at the same time, so my lap gets crowded. Plus they all help with the sewing. Chicca lays on the materials and makes sure they are comfy. Frankie, gets under the sewing machine stand and takes a nap while Dodger lays against the shelves (occassionally pulling out fabric for a pillow) and then the two dogs follow us around.

I am working on a quilt as you go quilt, then I am going to applique stars on top of each block and then sash them together. It is my own design and well see if it works the way I want it to.

Well have a great day and I will sew some for you. Brenda