Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Too many miles!

OK, I thought when we moved from Phoenix and got rid of our 20 mile commute each direction that we would put less miles on the vehicles. It does not look that way. 2 months and 4 days ago, I had my car serviced, and today the maintenance needed light came on. Sure enough, we have put more than 5000 miles on the car in that length of time. Good Grief! Of course, the car is getting a lot more miles on it than the truck is, so maybe we are still traveling less. Seems like a lot though. How about the rest of you? Are you cutting back driving because of oil prices?

I thought I would get some sewing done today on the napkins, but I spent this morning covering the office while my DH was in a training session, and then this afternoon we ran to Phoenix, had our camp staff meeting, and then just got home a little while ago. It is a long trip. Glad we are home.

Here's to getting a few hours to sew tomorrow. Take care all, and have a great day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mary Johnson said...

We're lucky that we were able to get rid of one car when we moved to Minneapolis and the other one stays in the garage for the most part. Keith walks to work and takes cabs to the airport and so we've been really fortunate that we're not being hit with the high cost of gasoline.