Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It's good to be home!

I'm back home after a long day of driving. It is something like 500+ miles between my mom's home and mine. (No, I really don't know the exact distance, I'm thinking I DON'T WANT to know how far it is, I just know that it takes about 10 hours to make the trip, not including more than brief stops for gas and essentials. I did visit a local quilt shop while at my moms house. They must have had 30 or 40 different bolts of wide backing fabric. I picked out one that I hope will match one of the tops I have pieced. I also made a point of visiting the gift shop at the town hospital. - I know! It sounds like a weird place to make a point of shoping, but they have the BEST assortment of earings I have ever seen. And at wonderful prices! I picked out 4 very different pairs, and can't wait to wear each of them. I'll take a pic of them tomorrow, when my camera battery is recharged, and get them posted.

I am now an official member of the Stashbuster UFO Challange Group. And according to the rules, I must have a UFO finished by the end of March. Hmmm, I need to pick something that I can get done pretty quickly as I need to also get a couple big projects done for work. I'm debating between 3 different projects. The first is the quilt I'm making for the guest bed. It is Queen size, and needs the borders added, and then layered/quilted/and bound. This will probably take the most time to finish of the three options. The second item is quilted placemats for my mom. This is probably the quickest to do, but my mom has not recovered the dining room chairs yet, so it could wait a little longer. The third project is a jacket I started a year and a half ago. The kind you quilt over an X-tra large sweatshirt. To finish, this would probably be quicker than the quilt top, and then the weather would be just about right to wear it. Tonight I'm thinking the quilt jacket is the project I should choose. What do you think? And why? Wonder which one I will want to choose tomorrow? LOL!

Have a great night, Thanks for coming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mom...

I think you started that jacket more than a year and a half ago... I think I remember you starting it when I still lived at home...

:)